Ronaldo Annoyed With Messi's Trick Penalty
Lionel Messi's trick penalty with Luis Suarez was the talking point of the weekend, and Cristiano Ronaldo has now hinted that he was annoyed with his rivals.
In FC Barcelona's game against Celta Vigo on Sunday, the Argentine passed a spot-kick to Suarez to score, with the Uruguayan completing a hat-trick and netting his 23rd La Liga goal of the season with the strike.
Ronaldo himself currently sits on 21 goals and seemed annoyed that the former Liverpool striker got another goal in the race for the Pichichi trophy, but the Portuguese left some room for speculation.
"I'll be precise with this," he said in a pre-match press conference ahead of Real Madrid's UEFA Champions League clash with Roma, as quoted by AS.
"I know why Leo did this, but I won't elaborate any more.
"You can now think what you want."
Ronaldo also commented on his side's form since new manager Zinedine Zidane took over.
"I feel the team is playing really well. In the past three weeks, we've been working hard in training, playing well and winning," he added.
"We've been scoring freely and playing a good brand of football. Obviously, the Champions League is a very important competition for the club and players.
"We're looking forward to the game and although the tie is complicated on paper, I feel we're ready for the challenge. We'll look to get off to a decent start and aim to win the match as per always."
No comments:
Post a Comment